Saturday, May 16, 2009

Star Trek: In Theaters 5.8.2009


I saw "Star Trek" last night and I was very impressed. I was never into "Star Trek" at all and when I heard of a new movie, my first thought was to go to a midnight showing and make fun of all the "Trekkies". Then when I heard that it was going to be directed by J.J. Abrams, the creator of tv shows, "Felicity", "Alias", and "Lost", three shows I hate with a passion, I figured this movie was going to be even worse than I originally thought, but boy was I wrong. "Star Trek" mixes action, time travel, and humor to make a perfect blend of excitement that would make any movie goer go nuts. This movie is absolutely for everyone and I think everyone will like at least one thing in this movie, even if they don't like sci-fi. The cast in this movie was put together to perfection with "Just My Luck" and "Smokin' Aces" co-star Chris Pine as James T. Kirk, who brings a James Bond-like personality to the character and "Heroes" star Zachary Quinto as Spock, who nails the character. Anyone who has not seen this movie, I recommend you to see it immediately. My personal problem with the film is that they clearly did not consider ADA regulations upon building the U.S.S. Enterprise. My fantasy of becoming the Captain is squashed like a bug due to all the STEPS. Personal feelings aside, "Star Trek" still deserves 4 and 1/2 wheelchairs out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment